Sunday, July 13, 2008

short vacation from blogging

Hey there,
Well I am sure that there are one or two fans of my blog - for whatever reason - who may be disappointed by this blog. It is going to be short and sweet.
I am in Dallas, at the DFW airport Hyatt Regency Hotel specifically. We are in a very, very nice room that Doug got from priceline.com for $45/night. We are here with Nichole, Paul and my grand kids Parker & Ally to spend a couple of days having some fun. We owe Jess Madison (one of Doug's "firefighter buds" a debt of gratitude for helping us stay in some really nice hotels for really cheap. Thanks Jess!
We are going to a water park tomorrow in The Colony called Hawaiian Falls. We actually went there Father's Day weekend with Jess and his family. We thought it was great fun and a good price too. We called Nichole on the way home and suggested this trip. I am sure that they will enjoy it as much as we did. I will let you know how things went and maybe I will have a picture or two to add in.
Hawaiian Falls has three parks total. The one we are going to, in The Colony, one in Garland and one in Mansfield. It is just the right size. They have good rides and not so many people that you spend your whole time waiting in line. Also, they have these cabanas you can rent and they come with complementary drinks (cola) all day long and pizza for one meal. Oh yeah, there is a "cabana boy" that comes with the cabana. He goes and gets your food and drinks for you all day.
I could tell you a lot more, but this blog is getting away from the "short" part that I told you about. So, I will enclose the link instead. http://www.hawaiianfalls.com/
I will resume my Zambian adventures in a couple of days. I think it will be too hard to get much done in the hotel. We probably aren't going to be here much anyway.
We will be going to spend some fun time with Maui in a few days. I don't know if I remember the last time we were able to spend more than a couple of days with her in Clovis. Usually when we are there, the whole family is there - a holiday usually. There isn't anything wrong with that, in fact it is quite fun (and loud), but we are just rushed and there are so many of us. I know Jan, Jill and Jayne all like to have their alone time with Maui so they can really visit and be relaxed. Doug has been wanting to do this for a while. Since we decided not to go to Zambia until next year, I can't think of any place that I would rather spend time... except the two days with Nichole's family and maybe a day or two in Red River - if it works out.
I will get back to you.

No comments: